Water leakage in the discharge box or valve
- Throw coffee powder into the toilet;
- Check if the powder has been deposited at the bottom of the vase;
- If not, it means that there is water leakage in the discharge box or the valve.
Important: in basins whose discharge outlet is at the back (towards the wall), it is necessary to conduct the test by draining the water. If the basin accumulates water again, it is a sign of a leak in the drain box or valve.
- Leakage of water in the direct branch of the network
- Close the easel register;
- Open a faucet that uses water straight from the network;
- Wait until the water stops running;
- Place a full glass of water in the mouth of the faucet;
- If there is the suction of water from the cup by the faucet, it indicates a leak in the pipe supplied by the company’s water.
- Keep the easel log open;
- Make sure that all the faucets in residence are closed and do not use the toilets;
- Make sure that all the faucets in the box are closed so that no water can enter;
- Watch your hydrometer and mark the position of your longest hand, and after an hour, watch to see if it has moved;
- If the larger needle on the hydrometer has moved, there is a leak in the direct branch.
- Water leaks in building reservoirs/cisterns
- Close the reservoir output valve;
- Do the same for the float tap;
- Check the water level in the reservoir, wait an hour and recheck your water level;
- If the water level has dropped, there are leaks in the plumbing or the toilets fed by the water tank.
- Leakage in installations using water from the box
- Make sure all the faucets in the house are turned off and do not use the toilets;
- Close the box’s float tap to prevent its entry;
- Mark the box to indicate the water level and wait an hour; after that, check your level and your marking;
- If you find a level lower than the one marked, it is an indication that there are leaks in toilets or in pipes that use water from the tank.
Bear in mind that this can be done professionally by a water mitigation company if you are not able to find out the leak yourself.