Monaco property broker Fraser Richardson lists what he thinks are the best events in Monaco. Things to do are often at the top of client’s minds and Fraser thinks it important to have a list of exciting events at hand for when client’s are wondering what to do with one of the 300 days of sunshine each year. It really is the job of the Monaco real estate agent, not only to sell or rent property, but also to sell the lifestyle that goes with it.
Here are a list of the top events in Monaco according to Fraser Richardson, Monaco real estate broker:
- Formula 1 Grand Prix: It’s hard to say Monaco to a motorcar fan and it not conjure up great memories of the likes of Hamilton, Lauda and Coulthard pacing it around the narrow city streets of Monaco in the F1 Grand Prix. It truly is one of the most glamorous and globally known sporting events to take place every year. It is the jewel in the crown of the F1 calendar and the parties and festivities are the liveliest and most exclusive. Celebrities from all over the world descend to the Principality to gasp in the limelight and rub shoulders with the drivers in the paddock. The course is laid out with tight turns and tunnels making it a very difficult track to overtake on, this often leads to some high octane race drama and an inevitable crash or two.
- World Rally Championship Monaco: another motor sporting event synonymous with Monaco is the WRC Monaco stage, it takes place every year and the drivers race on the narrow streets of nearby towns and over winding mountain tracks, putting their cars to the test with the hope of bringing home the silverware. The WRC Monaco stage holds the title of being the most unpredictable course in the series with mountain conditions in winter causing all sorts of difficulties for the drivers.
- The Historic Grand Prix: Another racing event, this time featuring some of the most prized classic racing cars ever made. Just last year one driver crashed a Frazer Nash worth over €1,000,000… It’s definitely more painful to see that happen than a Formula 1 car as it’s most likely a one of a kind car that cannot be replaced. This event takes place every two years and normally is a couple of weeks before the big F1 weekend.
- Football: Monaco, although small in size, has one of the best football teams in the French Ligue 1. Top flight football in the Principality brings thousands of people from all over Europe and the local derby with neighbours OCG Nice is often one of the most eagerly anticipated games in the French Riviera sporting calendar. The team play at Stade Louis II, located in the Fontvieille district and has a capacity of 18,523. The Prince brought in Parisian architects to build the complex.
- Athletics: The World Diamond League series pays a visit to Monaco each year and takes place at the previously mentioned Stade Louis II. The event is often known for record breakers with Genzebe Dibaba achieving what many had believed to be unachievable, breaking the 1500m world record with a time of 3:50.07.
- World Showjumping Championships: the cars are moved away from the Principality with their predecessors reigning in a week of show jumping competition. The area surrounding the Port Hercules of Monaco is turned into an arena and stables. This event brings large sponsors from around the world, with many billionaires sponsoring teams and some even have children competing.
- Artmonte-carlo: This contemporary art fair takes place every year in the Grimaldi Forum, it is a wonderful event that showcases collections from galleries around the world. You can often spot a Kusama or Picasso and there are often some incredible photography exhibitions too. The sister of this event is artgeneve, the largest contemporary art fair in Geneva.
- Music: Celebrated global music acts stop off in Monaco and stage their shows in either the Grimaldi Forum (a purpose built arts space) or at various other locations such as the Prince’s Palace, the Casino Square and Port Hercules. Previous performers include: Elton John, Lady Gaga, the Pussycat Dolls and Bob Sinclaire amongst others.
- Monaco Ballet: A sight for the eyes, never have you seen such beauty in the movement of human bodies than when watching one of the various performances showcased by the Monaco Ballet Company at the Grimaldi Forum.
- Auctions: Monaco hosts some of the world’s most famous auctions for art, jewellery, watches and cars. There are sales held by ArtCurial and Christies amongst others and they take place throughout the year in the Hotel Hermitage’s grand reception rooms with items being displayed pre-sale around Monaco.
- Monaco Yacht Show (MYS): This event is the largest superyacht show of its kind and attracts the wealthiest people from across the world who are looking to purchase their latest superyacht, or, book their next yacht charter holiday. This event usually takes place in late September every year.
If you are interested in the lifestyle of Monaco, why not contact Monaco property broker Fraser Richardson and ask him to show you around some properties.