According to Matt Davies Stockton, it is possible to intelligently arrange your bedroom space to make the most out of it. Such a practice can be extremely beneficial for people living in small apartments or small bedrooms.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips you can follow to get the most from your bedroom space:
1. Invest in multipurpose furniture – One of the best ways to make your bedroom space more efficient is to invest in multipurpose furniture since it will help to save valuable space. For instance, you can choose a desk with many drawers that will provide extra storage options for personal as well as office supplies. A bed with under-storage space or a bed with drawers is also recommended since it would allow you to store linens, blankets, pillows, and more for different seasons.
2. Make use of vertical space – You can open up a ton of storage and decor possibilities when you start to make use of vertical space instead of horizontal space. It also helps you to save valuable floor space and keep things looking cleaner and more organized.
Installing vertical floating shelves can be a great way to replace your bookcase, nightstand, laptop desk, or even the entry table by the door. Plus, they would also allow you the option to store additional items. For instance, you can store hampers or baskets or even a pouf or stool underneath them.
3. Ensure proper lighting in the space – Proper lighting is essential in a bedroom to make the most out of it. Without proper lighting, it can be hard to navigate the bedroom space. Plus, inadequate lighting can also make your bedroom look unattractive no matter how much time and money you spend on the decor.
We recommend you design or arrange your bedroom space in a way that lets in as much natural light as possible. Thus, ensure you don’t mask the windows with large and heavy drapery. Only use the blinds or curtain when you need to. Also, ensure to arrange the furniture in a way that doesn’t block the natural light.
Finally, invest in high-quality layered artificial lighting solutions such as LED lights for proper nighttime visibility. You should install proper ambient lighting, task lighting, and mood lighting solutions for different use-case scenarios.
4. Prevent clutter – It is essential to keep your bedroom neat, organized, and clutter-free if you want to keep it functional and attractive. Thus, it is important to keep the bedroom floor clean and keep your wardrobe, cabinet, dressers, and nightstand organized at all times.
5. Make some room for plants – Adding some greenery into your bedroom space can make it look livelier and fresher. Houseplants can also absorb foul odor from the bedroom space and make it more appealing.
Matt Davies Stockton suggests you invest in a big, body-length mirror and position it properly to reflect the light coming in from your bedroom windows. Large mirrors create the illusion of a bigger room and also make the space more appealing.