Are you planning to remodel your kitchen in 2018? You’re likely planning and pining as you look at all the options for countertops, colors, and cabinets. Kitchen lighting is a key aspect of your kitchen design.
Two types of lighting are needed in your kitchen. Lighting helps you accomplish your tasks and lighting creates a cozy and warm atmosphere. Although they aren’t the same type of lighting, one can’t use the other.
We have gathered some ideas and information to help you plan your kitchen lighting.
These Are The Most Common Ways To Lighten Your Kitchen
The days of a single, long-lasting fluorescent light fixture that was attached to the ceiling of the kitchen and paired with one bulb above the sink are gone! Modern kitchens offer a variety of lighting options.
- Do not overlook the light! Make sure you let light in through windows in your kitchen. Do not hang heavy curtains or use any other obstructions to block the light.
- Track lighting is task lighting. You’re either cooking or doing a job in the kitchen. The better lighting makes a task easier. Track lighting allows you to point the light exactly where you want it to be so that your prep area and washing area are well lit.
- Pendant lights can make your kitchen look elegant. These days, kitchens are breaking every design rule. You can now find pendant lights that are perfect for your kitchen, as they come in many styles.
- There are many options for ceiling lights, from vintage-inspired lights to bold modern designs.
- Recessed lighting is subtle because the light fixtures are embedded into the ceiling. The light can be used to provide task lighting or mood lighting depending on where it is placed.
These Are Some Unusual Ways To Lighten Your Kitchen
You have a wide range of lighting options when it comes to ceiling and pendant lights. It is possible to install lighting in places where there has been no lighting before.
- While under-counter lighting is useful for task lighting, it can also be used to create an atmosphere when the ceiling lights have been turned off.
- You can add lighting to soffits, which is the space between your ceiling and your cabinets. These lights can also be used as a nightlight.
- Install lighting if you are using a transom cabinet with glass fronts within the soffit area. This will help to create a sense of atmosphere and shine a light on collectibles or pieces that you have in those cabinets.
- Toe kick lights, which are strips of lights that run along with your toes, are a new way of lighting. These lights are great for night lighting and can provide a warm glow to your counters.
- You can be creative with your ceiling. A chandelier or other statement light could be hung above your dining area. Two smaller chandeliers could be hung if the kitchen island is rectangular. One central chandelier is sufficient if you have a dining area with a table and chairs. You can think outside the box!
- Lamps are the ultimate in portable lighting. Lamps can be used in the kitchen to do tasks such as bill paying or homework, as well as for ambiance such as soft lighting. You can also unplug the lamp and store it if it isn’t your thing or you only use it occasionally.
No matter what type of lighting you use, lighting is an important part of any kitchen design.
This article was written by Jordan Legault, Jordan is the owner of The French Refinery. Founded in 2015, The French Refinery quickly built a name and reputation for high-end cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We strive every day to provide the utmost in customer service because our customers deserve the best we can provide. We have built a hand-picked team of talented craftsmen with over 100 years of combined experience. Building Kitchen Cabinets In Tampa FL is our craft, we love what we do, and we make it show through in the work we provide on a daily basis.